Rise from the ashes

Rise from the ashes

Friday, February 19, 2010

February 15, 2010

Mental Edge: Questions to ask yourself:

1- Do I have the attitude of a champion?
No. Not yet. I believe in my potential. But not in myself as is, I know I need to work on that.

2- Do I believe in myself in the midst of adversity?
No. Again, I believe I am capable, but not that I will achieve/overcome regardless. That is part of why I am reading this book so I can figure out how to have a strong mind game.

3- Am I letting other people affect my thinking?
Not in negative ways. But in positive ways yes.

4- Am I eating to maximize my performance?
No. I am eating to maximize getting well from cancer. I wonder if there is a way to do both. I will ask my naturopath about it

5- Do I use the latest training techniques?
I don’t really know. I read books, forums, talk to jiu jitsu communities on line, DVDs, and train with one of the best jiu jitsu lineages out there.... Helio Gracie->Royler Gracie->Saulo Ribeiro->Jorge Britto... I have to trust these masters are training us in the best ways. And on my own keep reading and watching and learning from other sources.

6- Do I consume too much junk food?
No.

7- Am I maximizing my training?
Probably not. I should figure out how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment