Rise from the ashes

Rise from the ashes

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Worlds 2009: Day 3

Josh and Rui fought. No medals today. That's the game, as Jorge would say. It's a little bit of a let down compared to yesterday. It was a great day of watching jiu jitsu and seeing some of it's bigger players.

As far as my own game goes and what I want to work on for worlds... I want to make sure I have an arsenal of take downs and I want to get better at pulling guard... I want to be able to do both. I saw a lot of people stuck and stalled in stand up (because I guess no one wants to end up on the bottom). BUT, if you have a take down game and it doesn't work, if you have a good guard, you can pull guard instead.

Additionally, I want to work on flying armbars/triangles, because I saw a lot of people in stand up with their arms fully extended.

Regis' girls from maxersive have phenomenal guards... I hope he comes back to our academy at some point so I can learn from him. Fortunately, Jorge has an amazing guard too...

Basically, I need to work on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment