Rise from the ashes

Rise from the ashes

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hibernating in a hotel room in Morristown New Jersey

We are here for Grapplers Quest. Today is no-gi and just Melissa and Dani are competing. Dani is finished, a silver medal around her neck. Melissa has yet to fight. All the guys are there watching and supporting.
Me? I'm on lock-down in my hotel room with a terrible hacking cough. I got next to no sleep prior to what turned into a 10.5 hour drive and the cough that I was sort-of-successfully keeping at bay, reared it's ugly head in full force. I slept for 3 hours after breakfast and I'm just having a snack and then it's back to bed until the troops return from battle.
I'm fighting no matter what. It'd be nice to be fully healthy, but I'll make the best of it! This is my first competition since breaking my arm at Joslin's (competition) in November. I need to get my feet wet. I need to start somewhere. I need to deal with the pressure. I need to uncover my weaknesses (although, I still feel rusty and I am acutely aware of my many glarring holes and deficiencies).
I'm excited. It's a priveledge to be able to compete at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment