Rise from the ashes

Rise from the ashes

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More regular updates from now on... I swear

Trained Judo today. I really suck at it. It's so humbling being back at the beginning as a white belt. I have so much work to do on my judo.

The main principles that stuck out today were:
-always keep the person in front of you (Bobby learned this from his father)
-when doing throws where you are using your legs, it's often that your legs exchange places, not that you have both feet planted... one hops where the other was, while the other kicks or blocks the leg to complete the throw

I can't even remember the names of the things we did in judo (my brain sucks on chemo)... I'm going to have to write them down in/during class so I can start learning them... It's getting under my skin and I really want to get excellent. I want to compete in judo too... Not as much as jiu jitsu... but, a little bit at least... just to feel it/see it.

Tomorrow:
-IV treatment, which will help with the energy (YAY!!)
-helping teach women's self defense (for prostitutes/sex workers/street girls) 4-5
-maybe helping Deb drill 5-6 (need to call to confirm)
-break from 6-7 during white belt class
-wrestling 7-8
-advanced jiu jitsu 8-9

It's ambitious. I might end up only being able to watch the jiu jitsu class from 8-9... I had a hard time with one hour of judo today. I will push myself tomorrow since I will be off Thursday for chemo.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Hey Seana.. I just stumbled upon your blog through a comment you made on Celeste's! I am so happy you are here on the blogging scene - hopefully, a way I can keep connected with you and read about what's going on in your life. Since I axed facebook I've felt pretty disconnected with all of my family in Canada. (Sadly!)
    Anyway, I just read through all of your posts and am thoroughly intrigued. I will definitely be following your story.
    I am so super impressed, humbled and inspired by you. That's right! YOU!
    I wish you so much growth and success in this endeavor.
    I AM CHEERING FOR YOU ALLLLL THE WAY!

    I love you,

    Cousin Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete